[1/3] server: Allow to open a directory without any permission bits.

Sebastian Lackner sebastian at fds-team.de
Thu Apr 2 18:37:35 CDT 2015

On 02.04.2015 11:24, Piotr Caban wrote:
> On 04/02/15 09:42, Sebastian Lackner wrote:
>> Its a bit ugly, but probably the best solution to workaround the
>> restrictions of the unix api. ;)
> There's similar problem with regular files (not directories). The
> owner should be able to read/write permissions. Also is there any
> need for unix_fd in this case?
>
> Thanks, Piotr

You are right, the check for directories should probably be removed, and instead the access flags should be checked. I'll submit a v2 soon. Having a unix_fd is not really required, but basically all parts of the current wineserver file/dir management code depend on it at the moment - this could be changed of course.

If someone else has a better idea or you guys prefer to have more tests first, for me it would also be fine when just the tests http://source.winehq.org/patches/data/110470 and http://source.winehq.org/patches/data/110473 are accepted instead. They leave the wine prefix in a broken state (undeletable directory), but the directory names are randomized, so it shouldn't really cause any problems. My main goal right now is mainly to document the behaviour, there are a lot of corner cases where noone thought about yet... ;)

Best regards,
Sebastian