[RFC] mshtml: Remove nsIDOMWindowUtils::SetCriticalDisplayPortForElement.

Thomas Faber thomas.faber at reactos.org
Thu Apr 9 08:05:09 CDT 2015

Hey Jacek,

I just got an MSVC /RTCs stack pointer mismatch error after this call in
mshtml's CustomDoc_Release:
            nsIDOMWindowUtils_CycleCollect(window_utils, NULL, 0);

After some investigation I found that the vtable for this class was off
by one element.
The culprit seems to be SetCriticalDisplayPortForElement.

The function got removed here in Gecko:
http://sourceforge.net/p/wine/wine-gecko/ci/ed28b621505812d584723bfb389983b4a4ef1400/

However the latest nsiface.idl in Wine still has it:
https://source.winehq.org/git/wine.git/blob/HEAD:/dlls/mshtml/nsiface.idl#l2921

I did my testing on mshtml 1.7.37 with Wine Gecko 2.34 but it looks like
this is still present in the latest code as well.
Do you agree with my analysis (i.e. the attached patch) here, or do you
think I'm missing something?

Thanks! And thanks for maintaining Wine Gecko... this truly opened my
eyes to the complexity of that task ;)

-Thomas