USB Support

Steve Kenton skenton at ou.edu
Sat Apr 11 10:38:23 CDT 2015

USB Support has been on the list of possible release criteria basically forever.
I've read through all the old threads and other discussions I could find and it
boils down to "really hard to do right". If possible could someone knowledgeable
comment briefly on what might be an acceptable architecture for a Wine USB stack?
In particular I'm wondering about how much support for client/function drivers
would be desirable. Should we stick to only unprivileged operations or would an
optional kernel mode driver to support WDM or WDF (KMDF/UMDF)  privileged interfaces
be acceptable?

Steve Kenton