wininet: Avoid four instances of "logical not is only applied to the to the left hand side".

Henri Verbeet hverbeet at gmail.com
Mon Apr 13 05:33:41 CDT 2015

On 13 April 2015 at 10:30, Indrek Altpere <efbiaiinzinz at hotmail.com> wrote:
> Are there any known documented cases where winapi functions that are declared as BOOL return anything other than TRUE / FALSE ?

Documented cases are probably a lost cause, but there's e.g.
IDirect3DDevice9::GetLightEnable() that returns 0x80. I'm sure you can
find others if you start looking for them. This kind of thing usually
happens when there's code of the form "return flags & SOME_FLAG;".

> And if that is the case, ret != ie10_cache would catch the difference and thus make it possible to duplicate the behavior in wine, whereas !ret != !ie10_cache would hide it away just as the !ret == ie10_cache currently does and makes it harder to track down if any app depends on such weirdness.
> So yes, using != would make it behave bit different, but, at least to me, it seems it would actually improve the test to catch any possible and unexpected weirdness as mentioned.

Well, no. It's an implementation detail, and we don't want to
duplicate those unless there exist actual applications that depend on
them.