License of AppDb content and sql dump?

Sebastian Lackner sebastian at fds-team.de
Sun Apr 19 20:00:12 CDT 2015

Hiho,

I've been wondering if there is any license information available for the appdb content. I've looked through lots of pages but didn't find any hint under which terms the data can be used. It would be nice if someone could clarify this situation a bit.

For those who are wondering why I'm asking - I am planning to use the (anonymized) data (especially app names, categories and corresponding ratings) for further analysis and comparison between different Wine versions. There will of course be references to show where the data is from.

Since the data is used in connection with the Wine project I would assume that it should be normally safe to do that - if anyone sees any legal issues please contact me. ;)

Best regards,
Sebastian