user32: After handling an internal message give a chance to real message to arrive.

Alexandre Julliard julliard at winehq.org
Tue Apr 28 21:12:16 CDT 2015

Dmitry Timoshkov <dmitry at baikal.ru> writes:

> Alexandre Julliard <julliard at winehq.org> wrote:
>
>> I may have one, once I understand what you are trying to fix. What is
>> the actual problem that prompted you to write the tests and the fix?
>
> The problem is described in the first test for sending inter-thread
> messages: https://www.winehq.org/pipermail/wine-patches/2015-April/138750.html
> My original guess was that the problem is caused by internal message
> handling in Wine, and the tests I created confirmed that there is a problem
> in that area. The patch we are discussing fixes the problem discovered
> by these tests.

I still don't understand why internal messages would be different. Is
that because you get only one inter-thread message instead of several?

I think it would be better to try to write a test that replicates the
problem you are seeing. In particular, testing GetQueueStatus instead of
message sequences is not very convincing to me, since it doesn't
properly show what's going on.

--
Alexandre Julliard
julliard at winehq.org