D3DRM Implementation patches upto CreateDeviceFromSurface

Aaryaman Vasishta jem456.vasishta at gmail.com
Wed Aug 5 17:50:49 CDT 2015

All the changes have been made, and the patches are being sent to
wine-devel as we speak.

On Wed, Aug 5, 2015 at 4:26 PM, Stefan Dösinger <stefandoesinger at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Patch 7:
> > +    if (!(desc.ddsCaps.dwCaps & DDSCAPS_3DDEVICE))
> > +        return DDERR_INVALIDCAPS;
> Do you need an explicit check for this? I imagine that
> IDirect3D2::CreateDevice or
> IDirectDrawSurface::QueryInterface(&IID_IDirect3DDevice) take care of this
> task for you.

If I remove this check, wine will return me DDERR_CANNOTATTACHSURFACE in
the tests. That means it refuses to attach a depth surface to the render
target unless the render target itself contains DDSCAPS_3DDEVICE flag. Is
this the correct behavior for ddraw? If yes then I guess d3drm does check
this explicitly, as the tests reveal.

Thanks!
Jam