monthcal.c patch.txt

Nikolay Sivov bunglehead at gmail.com
Sat Aug 15 09:23:53 CDT 2015

On 14.08.2015 19:54, s.p. wrote:
> Countries use different rules for determining week numbers. For the
> classic month calendar however, windows seems to ignore the first week
> of the year registry setting. The attached file 'patch.txt' addresses
> this quirk by simply implementing the rules of ISO8601. Although this
> patch works and has been tested, it is not intended as a complete fix.
> For that it probably needs some more investigation. Usage:
>

> cd wine/dlls/comctl32
> patch monthcal.c < patch.txt
>
> Greets, sbmpost

Hi,

what is that registry settings you're talking about?
I think I heard about different week numbering used in different
countries, what are you using as a test case? I think what we actually
want is locale-dependent algorithm for that (but it will require some
research and testing, because monthcal could differ from what you'd expect).