user32: Set correct caret state in the server in SetCaretPos (try 2)

Sebastian Lackner sebastian at fds-team.de
Mon Dec 21 13:08:16 CST 2015

On 21.12.2015 07:04, Anton Baskanov wrote:
> You are right, this would fix the issue, but the Windows behavior is
> different. The caret remains in it's current state if it's position is
> unchanged.
> I've attached a simple test application that demonstrates this. It calls
> SetCaretPos on mouse button press with different positions for left and
> right buttons.

Thanks for providing the testcase. I didn't have time to test it on a
Windows machine yet (will do that later), but under the assumption that it
works as expected, your approach is indeed more correct. Nevertheless,
another possible theory would be that SetCaretPos should leave the state
untouched. Could you please check that, too?