README: add a note about 64-bit Wine and 32-bit apps (try 2)

Kyle Auble kyle.auble at zoho.com
Wed Dec 23 19:47:34 CST 2015

>>> http://wiki.winehq.org/BuildingWine (which is what
>>> http://wiki.winehq.org/WineOn64bit redirects to)..
>> Thanks!
>>
>>> I feel like the AMD64 page should be renamed to Wine64 (since it also
>>> applies to at least aarch64)..
>> Agreed.
> So I just tried, but I get an error:
> A page with the name 'Wine64' already exists. Try a different name.
>
> presumably that refers to the redirect, but I'm not sure where that's
> configured. Perhaps someone else has an idea.

Since I setup the redirects earlier this summer, I remember moinmoin's
quirks and can take care of this very quickly tonight.

My only question is do you all want to move the "AMD64" page back to
"Wine64" wholesale, or should I leave the "AMD64" page and just copy all
the text over to "Wine64" for everyone to edit how they want? My logic
in making the "AMD64" page in the first place was that it would
eventually just become development notes (especially for OS-es besides
Linux) and troubleshooting for that architecture. That's why I didn't
bother with anything like an "x86" page.

I pictured user-facing stuff and basic instructions going in other docs
or main wiki-pages, but if the readme is going to link regularly to the
wiki, I can definitely see the value in a "Wine64" page. Does everyone
want to dump the "AMD64" page for notes too though?

Kyle