[2/2] oleaut32: Align terminating null character in SysAllocStringByteLen.

Sebastian Lackner sebastian at fds-team.de
Fri Dec 25 09:14:55 CST 2015

On 25.12.2015 11:14, Nikolay Sivov wrote:
> On Friday, 25 December 2015, Qian Hong <fracting at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> On Fri, Dec 25, 2015 at 1:43 PM, Nikolay Sivov <bunglehead at gmail.com
>> <javascript:;>> wrote:
>>> Does this work with disabled cache?
>>
>> I compiled Wine the patch [2/2] and tested on my Windows XP 32bit box:
>>
>> vartype.c:6559: LCIDs: System=0x00000804, User=0x00000804
>> vartype.c:6352: Tests skipped: BSTR cache is disabled, some tests will
>> be skipped.
>> vartype: 2517493 tests executed (0 marked as todo, 0 failures), 1 skipped.
>>
>> I think it works with cache disabled.
>

> I'm mostly wondering if it works on wine with cache disabled. Or regular
> heap alignment takes care if that? If it has to be a cache specific   code
> path to be safe it's better to test it with disabled cache too.

Without the fix, a couple of those newly added tests fail. No matter if the
cache is enabled or not, test failures are present, at least here on my machine.
With the fix applied it works fine both with and without cache enabled. Its not
really more cache-specific than any other memory allocation function in the
tests. Of course we could think about automatically running the tests with and
without OANOCACHE=1 by default, but this should probably be done as a separate
patch then.