Problem in compiling wine on 64 bit system

Ali Aminian aminian.opensource at gmail.com
Mon Feb 9 23:39:10 CST 2015

Hello wine community

I have some difficulty compiling wine on 64 bit ubuntu 14.04. I'm
following the guide in http://wiki.winehq.org/Wine64 which i also
replicate here:

cd $HOME
mkdir wine64
cd wine64
../wine-git/configure --enable-win64
make > make.log 2>&1
cd ..
mkdir wine32
cd wine32
../wine-git/configure --with-wine64=../wine64
make > make.log 2>&1
#make install
#cd ../wine64
#make install

I can build the wine64 without any difficulty except that after
configuration it prompts me that i don't have libhal, but i just
ignored that.
But when i get into win32 it gives me numerous warning that 32-bit
development files not found, and some option will be disabled. for
example:
configure: OpenCL 32-bit development files not found, OpenCL won't be supported.
configure: pcap 32-bit development files not found, wpcap won't be supported.
configure: libdbus 32-bit development files not found, no dynamic
device support.
configure: lib(n)curses 32-bit development files not found, curses
won't be supported.
configure: libsane 32-bit development files not found, scanners won't
be supported.
configure: liblcms2 32-bit development files not found, Color
Management won't be supported.
configure: libz 32-bit development files not found, data compression
won't be supported.
configure: gstreamer-0.10 base plugins 32-bit development files not
found, gstreamer support disabled
configure: libcapi20 32-bit development files not found, ISDN won't be
supported.
configure: libcups 32-bit development files not found, CUPS won't be supported.
configure: fontconfig 32-bit development files not found, fontconfig
won't be supported.
configure: libgsm 32-bit development files not found, gsm 06.10 codec
won't be supported.
configure: libtiff 32-bit development files not found, TIFF won't be supported.
configure: libmpg123 32-bit development files not found (or too old),
mp3 codec won't be supported.
configure: libopenal 32-bit development files not found (or too old),
OpenAL won't be supported.
configure: libldap (OpenLDAP) 32-bit development files not found, LDAP
won't be supported.
[important]
and when i try to install 32 bit version of these libraries using
aptitude (since using apt-get just says unmet dependencies and exits)
it tries to remove my 64 bit version of the same library. for example:
ali at ali-Vostro-1520:~/other_drive/wine32$ sudo aptitude install libxi-dev:i386
  libxi-dev:i386{b}
0 packages upgraded, 1 newly installed, 0 to remove and 1 not upgraded.
Need to get 204 kB of archives. After unpacking 638 kB will be used.
 libxi-dev : Conflicts: libxi-dev:i386 but 2:1.7.1.901-1ubuntu1 is to
be installed.
 libxi-dev:i386 : Conflicts: libxi-dev but 2:1.7.1.901-1ubuntu1 is installed.

     Remove the following packages:
1)     libatspi2.0-dev
2)     libgtk2.0-dev
3)     libxi-dev
4)     libxtst-dev

Accept this solution? [Y/n/q/?] y
[important]
In one of these 32 bit installation aptitude removed my wine1.7
package and now i can't even install wine from official wine
repository.

so my questions are:
1_how you guys setup your environment for wine development?
2_how you deal with package managers when it acts weird?