Help with testing new Gecko downloader

Jacek Caban jacek at codeweavers.com
Fri Feb 27 05:40:51 CST 2015

Hi all,

My today patch [1] together with changes in Wine code from yesterday
changed the way we interact with SourceForge for downloading Gecko. It's
a risky change that could use wider testing from different locations. If
you'd like to help, you need to:

- Remove wine_gecko-2.36*.msi if you already have it. If you used
downloader to get it, it's most likely in ~/.cache/wine. If you
downloaded it manually, you know where to find it.
- Create new wineprefix

The most important thing is to ensure that downloading and installing
Gecko still works. The expected difference is shorter connection time
and faster downloads (or better said, no slow downloads).

I appreciate any feedback on this.

Thanks,
Jacek

[1] http://source.winehq.org/patches/data/109462