fonts: Added glyphs handptleft, handptright and handptdwn for wingdings, fixed handptup.

Qian Hong qhong at codeweavers.com
Thu Jan 8 09:55:00 CST 2015

On Thu, Jan 8, 2015 at 8:57 PM, Alexandre Julliard <julliard at winehq.org> wrote:
> GPL and Apache licenses are not compatible with LGPL. Whether the
> distinction is meaningful for fonts is debatable, but I think it's
> better to follow the same guidelines as the rest of the code.
>
> The Symbola license looks OK, though you'd of course need to give proper
> credit even if not required.

Thanks a lot for comment, that helps a lot.

> It's also not clear that copying the glyphs is the right approach, as
> opposed to for instance setting up font replacements.
Setting up font replacements seems won't work for
Wingdings/Windings2/Winding3/Webdings/MT Extra, for example, I didn't
find any font which is possible to replace Wingdings.

Like http://unicode.org/~asmus/web-wing-ding-ext.pdf and
http://www.alanwood.net/demos/wingdings.html said, while there are
some glyphs in Unicode standard look similar to Wingdings glyphs, but
Wingdings itself doesn't follow unicode standard, for example, 0x21 in
Wingdings is a pencil, but in Unicode, U+0021 should be the character
'!'. The idea here is to use the Unicode Dingbat range character
pencil (U+270F) to replace Windings pencil (0x21)

By copying the glyphs and creating an alternative font, we can not
only also solve the Wingdings font problem for Wine applications,
those alternative fonts could be freely reused by other Linux
application like WPS Office Suite and LibreOffice.

--
Regards,
Qian Hong

-