Wine 64 bit

Ken Thomases ken at codeweavers.com
Thu Jan 8 23:11:05 CST 2015

Hi,

I am attaching a new patch to get Wine building and running 64-bit on OS X.  This now launches built-in programs like winecfg, etc.  I have also run the MSI installers for SketchUp and 7-Zip; although they seemed to go through to completion, they didn't work completely correctly.  (I'm not sure prefix creation was right, either.)

This is based on strooka's work at <https://github.com/strook/wine-dev-x86_64/commit/5dd3cca2200cdf1b6fa5afb185e5086500df4130>.  (I started this before his subsequent commit and my work largely eliminates the need for that one.)

I have rebased onto current git tip (wine-1.7.33-191-ge899bd8).  strooka's work was based on 1.7.8.

This is still a hack-and-slash job, although I have cleaned up some of strooka's work.  In particular, the changes to dlls/ntdll/signal_x86_64.c are much simpler and cleaner.

Since it's a hack job, it will break builds for other platforms/architectures, including 32-bit Wine for OS X.  As a consequence, you would have to maintain separate source bases to build a shared WoW64 setup.  I haven't tried yet.

The configure line that strooka recommended had a lot of extraneous stuff.  I configured with:

./configure --x-includes=/opt/X11/include --x-libraries=/opt/X11/lib --enable-win64 --disable-wineqtdecoder --disable-win16

The Mac driver crashes in a 64-bit build for reasons I haven't investigated, so you have to use the X11 driver.  You can do this using WINEDLLOVERRIDES="winemac.drv=d" or by setting this in the registry after the prefix is created:

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Wine\Drivers]
"Graphics"="x11"

Thanks to strooka for his initial work and for charging into the breach like a possessed person and piquing my interest. :-D

-Ken