ieframe:add app: protocol support to make mshtml triggerBeforeNavigate2 event when handle app: hyperlink

Jacek Caban jacek at codeweavers.com
Fri Jan 30 06:24:40 CST 2015

Hi Changhui,

No, there is no such thing as app protocol handler on Windows and we
shouldn't have one. This means that loading will (correctly) fail for
this protocol, but BeforeNavigate2 should happen before it has a chance
to fail. To support that, we have our own onclick handler for anchor
elements, where we initiate loading. See HTMLAnchorElement_handle_event
in htmlanchor.c.

I tried your test app and it works find for me with recent Wine. Are you
testing it against current Git?

Jacek