A wrapper around the GTK+ rendering engine

Nikolay Sivov bunglehead at gmail.com
Wed Jul 1 15:07:37 CDT 2015

On 01.07.2015 22:42, Ivan Akulinchev wrote:
> Hi Stefan,
>
>  > look like your library seems to
>  > be a replacement for Wine's uxtheme.dll
>
> Yes, it is. But I don't want to throw out Wine's uxtheme.dll, I think
> they could live together :-)
>
>  > I think this should
>  > be developed as a Windows theme that is loaded like any other Windows
>  > theme by our uxtheme.dll.
>
> It's impossible. Uxtheme.dll loads themes without code execution:
>
> /* from wine/dlls/uxtheme/system.c */
> hTheme = LoadLibraryExW(lpThemeFile, NULL, LOAD_LIBRARY_AS_DATAFILE);

That's because there's nothing to execute. What Stefan meant I think is
that theme should be in format uxtheme is supposed to understand, but
actual theme settings could mimic gtk UI elements. This way you won't
need to have separate uxtheme.dll for every possible UI toolkit. Another
idea could be to have this theme file could be generated with some tool
on wine install time for example or regenerated later upon user
request/or automatically somehow. Anyway, nice concept.