Adding RID_TYPEHID RawInput support to user32

Vincent Povirk madewokherd at gmail.com
Wed Jul 8 16:20:02 CDT 2015

On Tue, Jul 7, 2015 at 9:18 PM, Aric Stewart <aric at codeweavers.com> wrote:
> The big question is will the underling linux parts give you access directly to the HID Report Descriptor and the HID Reports.  If they do, such as the mac parts, then things are super easy.  If they do NOT, then it gets much more complicated.

I looked into this earlier. Devices like /dev/input/js0 and /dev/js0
are an abstraction and do not provide direct access to HID report
descriptor or reports (which may not even exist, depending on the type
of joystick).

Devices like /dev/hidraw0 or /dev/hiddev0 do provide this access,
however on a default Ubuntu setup non-root users do not have
permission to access these devices.