(resend 2)[1/5]hidclass.sys: Implement helper IoCallMinidriver

Aric Stewart aric at codeweavers.com
Mon Jul 13 07:02:55 CDT 2015

On 7/12/15 2:50 PM, Henri Verbeet wrote:
> On 10 July 2015 at 21:39, Aric Stewart <aric at codeweavers.com> wrote:
>> +NTSTATUS IoCallMinidriver(ULONG code, DEVICE_OBJECT *device, VOID *in_buff, ULONG in_size, VOID *out_buff, ULONG out_size) DECLSPEC_HIDDEN;
> This is unused until patch 3/5. It also seems like a really bad idea
> to name internal helper functions like Windows functions.

sure I can rename it.

>> +    if (out_size)
>> +    {
>> +        buffer = HeapAlloc(GetProcessHeap(), 0, out_size);
>> +        memcpy(buffer, out_buff, out_size);
>> +    }
> Either out_buff and out_size are really badly named, or this is really
> suspicious.

This is because it was found that there where ioctl calls using METHOD_OUT_DIRECT that still read values from the output buffer. (not yet functional in wine) So I added that so that that would not be lost but I did not rename all the variables because it is still the output buffer.

-aric