Skyrim hang on exit: Any news?

Alistair Leslie-Hughes leslie_alistair at hotmail.com
Tue Jul 21 22:07:40 CDT 2015

Hi Theodore,

On 22/07/2015 11:57 AM, Theodore Dubois wrote:
> When you quit to desktop from Skyrim, it hangs. This is bug 34041. It's
> still a bug, but it has not been touched by anyone from Codewaevers
> since 2013 (as far as I can tell.) Clearly, it's low priority.

Since nothing have been done for a while.  How about you investigate the
issue to help narrow it down.

Things to try.
1. Install vcrun2008. (PlayOnLinux appears to install this as a
requirement for this game.)

2. Use Crossover, still have the same issue?

3. Use wine-staging, and does it have the same problem?

4. What output is displayed? (attach to the bug, if any).

There is plenty of other bugs associated with this game.
https://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=version&iId=24749

Sometimes, getting a bug fixed requires some ground work to be done by
the person asking. If you are unsure on how to, ask.

Best Regards
  Alistair Leslie-Hughes