[website] Update Debian downloads info

Nathan Schulte nmschulte at gmail.com
Thu Jul 23 13:14:39 CDT 2015

On 07/23/2015 10:02 AM, Rosanne DiMesio wrote:
> and probably the main reason Debian users can't find them either.

Ding!  I am a Debian Sid user, and I had no idea the wine-development
packages existed nor what they were for.  Turns out my 32-bit
chroot/build-environment for Wine on 64-bit Debian was unnecessary, as
Debian packages the Wine 1.7 tree.  My previous email shows this candidly.

On 07/23/2015 10:02 AM, Rosanne DiMesio wrote:
> Now, the problem with what you changed it to is that it now points to the page for Debian Jessie (stable), which has outdated packages, and doesn't show the packages for Stretch (testing) or Sid (unstable).  My patch linked to https://packages.debian.org/search?keywords=wine-development because the search results produce links to all three, which I think is easiest for users.

What's the difference between the Stable and the Development releases of
Wine?  Given this thread of discussion, it seems the Wine team expects
users to be using the Development release, not the Stable release.  If
that's the case, why even bother with Stable?  Perhaps this is just a
terminology thing; should Debian's wine package be packaging the
Development release?

--
Nate