CSMT status?

Sebastian Lackner sebastian at fds-team.de
Wed Jun 3 18:45:23 CDT 2015

On 04.06.2015 01:40, Forest wrote:
> Can anyone offer a status update on D3D command stream multithreading?
>
> I've been packaging Stefan Dösinger's CSMT work, with over 500 people using
> my last release, and several asking when I'll build a new one.  I don't know
> what to tell them, because his github repo hasn't been updated in half a
> year, and he hasn't responded to the email I sent him last week.  It's
> starting to look like this excellent work has been abandoned.

I am wondering about that myself. Nevertheless, in order to provide up-to-date
Wine builds you can use the CSMT patches contained in Wine-Staging. We're not
actively improving them at the moment, but they are rebased daily to apply on
top of the upstream changes. So far the rebasing was basically trivial, so no
idea what is currently blocking inclusion of the patchset.

https://github.com/wine-compholio/wine-staging/tree/master/patches/wined3d-CSMT_Helper
https://github.com/wine-compholio/wine-staging/tree/master/patches/wined3d-CSMT_Main

> Pherhaps I missed an announcement?  Has it already been integrated into
> mainline wine?  Is there some other plan for it?

Regards,
Sebastian