CSMT status?

Henri Verbeet hverbeet at gmail.com
Thu Jun 4 05:34:51 CDT 2015

On 4 June 2015 at 01:40, Forest <winehq at tibit.com> wrote:
> Can anyone offer a status update on D3D command stream multithreading?

It's being worked on, although it's not progressing as quickly as we
would perhaps have liked. The patch set hasn't been abandoned.

Please understand that at the moment all of Wine's Direct3D code is
being maintained by about 3 people, unfortunately with very little
outside help. Quite frankly, CodeWeavers would be willing to hire
people to increase that number, but there seem to be very few
qualified candidates.

> I've been packaging Stefan Dösinger's CSMT work, with over 500 people using
> my last release, and several asking when I'll build a new one.  I don't know
> what to tell them, because his github repo hasn't been updated in half a
> year, and he hasn't responded to the email I sent him last week.  It's
> starting to look like this excellent work has been abandoned.

I happen to know Stefan wasn't reading e-mail for most of last week,
so in that regard it was just a case of unfortunate timing.