include: Convert vfw.h to vfw.idl.

Henri Verbeet hverbeet at gmail.com
Sun Jun 7 05:46:52 CDT 2015

On 7 June 2015 at 12:27, Nikolay Sivov <bunglehead at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi, I see it went to pending, so let me suggest something.
>
> We need this idl mostly for automated proxy/stub generation and
> registration, right? Maybe we could introduce an idl that contains
> interfaces only and not all regular header stuff that vfw.h is made of. I
> would probably work to duplicate interfaces locally at dll level, and leave
> header alone.

For what it's worth, I think you don't need most of the cpp_quote() in the .idl.
E.g. something like
    cpp_quote("#define     ICERR_OK                0")
can be written as
    const DWORD ICERR_OK = 0;
instead. (Or whatever the appropriate type is instead of DWORD.)
Similarly, function prototypes can be declared in the .idl, there are
examples for that in some of the existing .idl's.