ntdll: Improve stub of NtQueryEaFile.

Alexandre Julliard julliard at winehq.org
Thu Jun 11 03:14:23 CDT 2015

Sebastian Lackner <sebastian at fds-team.de> writes:

> I never encouraged anyone to give up on WineHQ, and I also haven't given up
> WineHQ myself. If you mean the fact that Fedora switched to Wine Staging, I
> even advised them against doing this, when they contacted us about a year ago.
> In fact I would love to see a huge amount of our patches go upstream, and to
> work more directly together with upstream developers, with the common goal to
> make Wine better for the whole community.

I don't mean Fedora, though that's probably not a good thing either. My
problem is the whole parallel process thing. In order for me and other
devs to understand what's going on with your patches, we would now have
to follow two bug trackers, two IRC channels, two mailing lists, github,
etc.  And of course it's even more confusing for users, who won't
understand the distinction between the two.

Why not use the tools we already have (and improve them if they are
insufficient)?  If you truly want to work with upstream developers, why
are you not discussing your patches on wine-devel or #winehackers?

--
Alexandre Julliard
julliard at winehq.org