Wine developer frustration (was Re: ntdll: Improve stub of NtQueryEaFile.)

Frédéric Delanoy frederic.delanoy at gmail.com
Sat Jun 20 10:35:34 CDT 2015

On Sat, Jun 20, 2015 at 1:34 AM, Alex Henrie <alexhenrie24 at gmail.com> wrote:
> As a relatively new Wine developer, I submitted a UTF-7 implementation
> [6][7] Finally I was told "this isn't
> going anywhere",[9] "you have nowhere near enough tests"[10] and "if
> you're too stupid to know what you're doing wrong then you shouldn't
> contribute".[11]
>
> -Alex

You make it sound like Alexandre said you were an idiot in [11], by
using a supposed quote from him.

He said "If you can't think of anything to test beyond the handful of
cases you already have, then you shouldn't be implementing that
function.".

Regardless of any criticism you might have on AJ's
behaviour/communication skills, don't misquote him. That's dishonnest.

Frédéric