[2/11]hidclass.sys: add a wine native hid device driver service

Aric Stewart aric at codeweavers.com
Mon Jun 22 07:36:10 CDT 2015

On 6/22/15 5:44 AM, Thomas Faber wrote:
> I'm assuming you know that hidclass.sys is just library on Windows and
> intentionally made your version its own service to simplify things.
> If that's not true I can elaborate.

I was just starting to come to the awareness of this, thanks for confirming it, and was debating if i wanted to change my architecture a bit.

I intentionally made its own service to handle the builtin minidrivers and help get around the lack of any Plug-and-play system. But I was trying to explore if there was an easy way to make it both so that future possible "real" minidrivers could load it as expected.

I think there is. But have not done the work in that regard as there are probably many many other problems with "real" minidrivers anyway.

-aric