advapi32: Fix RegEnumValueW when enumerating long values.

Bernhard Übelacker bernhardu at vr-web.de
Mon Jun 22 15:11:23 CDT 2015

Am 22.06.2015 um 21:43 schrieb Huw Davies:
> On 21 Jun 2015, at 20:45, Bernhard Übelacker wrote:
>> Hello,
>> please ignore this patch for now.
>
> Unfortunately it was committed and is causing test failures (or crashes) on every
> version of Windows.
> http://test.winehq.org/data/tests/advapi32:registry.html
>
> Does this need reverting?
>
> Huw.

Hello Huw,
yes please revert.

Right now Wine version of RegEnumValueW supports being called with
parameters value and val_count being NULL.
(And is used that way at least in
systemfontfileenumerator_GetCurrentFontFile.)

The Microsoft implementation unfortunately does this not.

Right now I am trying to find the places in Wine code and try to change
them in a Windows compatible way. Later another patch could change
RegEnumValueW to check these two parameters.

Should I have sent this ignore request to wine-patches instead/also?

I am very sorry to cause this trouble.

Kind regards,
Bernhard