d3dcompiler: Add D3DReadFileToBlob, D3DWriteBlobToFile, , D3DCompileFromFile, D3DCompile2 stubs

Alistair Leslie-Hughes leslie_alistair at hotmail.com
Tue Jun 23 23:34:09 CDT 2015

Hi Matteo,

Thanks for you feedback.

On 24/06/2015 5:47 AM, Matteo Bruni wrote:
>> Currently the code for d3dcompiler_*dll's is in the _43 version.

> So I think this is the route we want to take eventually. Maybe your
> patch is fine for the time being though.
I'm fine with changing the patch to reflect how it should be done, as
long as I know what is correct.

I'll update the patch to reflect this new direction.

> BTW, I should have asked this earlier: what do you need those newer
> d3dcompiler_xx.dlls for? AFAIU those versions > 43 are never installed
> in system32 and applications are supposed to just bring a copy in
> their application directory (e.g. see the "Redistribution" section in
> http://blogs.msdn.com/b/chuckw/archive/2012/05/07/hlsl-fxc-and-d3dcompile.aspx
> or point 6c in https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/ee663275%28v=vs.85%29.aspx).
I was using fxc.exe from Visual Studio 2012/13 which does indeed have
this dll in the same directory.  I'm a purist as much as possible when
using applications.

Best Regards
  Alistair Leslie-Hughes