Wine developer frustration (was Re: ntdll: Improve stub of NtQueryEaFile.)

Kyle Auble kyle.auble at zoho.com
Wed Jun 24 19:29:35 CDT 2015

On 06/24/2015 08:18 AM, Austin English wrote:

> On Jun 21, 2015 2:58 AM, "Kyle Auble" <kyle.auble at zoho.com
> <mailto:kyle.auble at zoho.com>> wrote:
> > In the end though, beyond just adding more comments to the bottom of
> > the page, I couldn't figure out how anyone earns the rights necessary
> > to fix tags or recategorize bugs. I even tried emailing the Bugzilla
> > admin to ask but never heard back. Honestly, beyond some of the
> > developers and site admins, whom I assume have elevated rights across
> > WineHQ, I still don't know who processes the bug reports.
>
> I didn't realize there was a Bugzilla admin email alias,  I've asked
> Jeremy Newman to add me,  so now someone active is watching it :)

Cool, and I just realized that it was Jeremy Newman I had been talking
to when I was working on the webpage (it's been a while). Either way,
to both Jeremy-s and everyone else, keep up the good work.

> For future reference though,  if in doubt, email wine-devel or ask on
> #winehackers.

Will do, and to be fair, unless it's a critical life goal, I'm not the
most persistent person so I probably should have asked around more.
Quick question about #winehackers etiquette: if I can't be on all the
time and want to use an IRC bouncer, is it ok to spread out
conversations over time? Or is that seen as rude; should I only keep
conversations going so long as they're relatively active?

> (If you still need permission to triage,  send me an email,  though I
> won't have a chance to do so for a few days, currently traveling.)

I'm going through a move right now, but when things are more stable, I
might email you then. I also just realized that even without triage
permissions, maybe I could have still emailed to check in with
reporters about abandoned bugs (I don't remember if standard rights let
you email other users). First though, I might try to get a good grip on
building and linking multiarch wine, then see if I can streamline it at
all (I know I complained about that in particular, but I can get things
done if I focus so I should code, not kvetch).

- Kyle