GSOC 2015 : D3DX9 - Implement missing D3DX9 APIs

Abhishek Kumar abhi170893 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 4 22:14:01 CST 2015

Hi,

I am Abhishek and am interested in the project titled "D3DX9 - Implement
missing D3DX9 APIs". I am good at data-structures and algorithms and have
worked with C,C++, PHP, Javascript and Python. I have some questions about
the task:

1)Can domain-specific knowledge be a issue..? From just the name of the
apis listed on ideas page, i can guess that some advanced domain knowledge
 in the concerned field is needed. How difficult would it be to write the
apis without that knowledge..?

2) How should i start my work for this project..? By collecting the list of
apis that would be implemented..? How should it be done..? Is there any
documentation about it that will help..? Currently i have no idea.

--
Thanks,
Abhishek Kumar