Using compiler error information to check undocumented prototypes and structures?

Vincent Povirk madewokherd at gmail.com
Fri Mar 6 18:20:01 CST 2015

> find_classdecl firstly search for the class match the name we input,
> then strips all methods and fields except public method and public
> field, then strips the implementation details of the method, prints
> only stub implementation of public methods, also prints the
> declaration of public fields.

At least in MFC headers, public fields are not always documented, and
many could be considered implementation details. It's not obvious
where that line should be drawn. And sometimes the headers contain
inline function implementations, which are effectively part of the
ABI.

For projects where "public" means things that are intended to be part
of the API, maybe this could work, but I'm not aware of any that we
need to replace.

Is this about any library in particular?