RFC: Add an icon to hh.exe?

Francois Gouget fgouget at codeweavers.com
Mon Mar 16 17:59:50 CDT 2015

I noticed that winemenubuilder falls back to the default Wine icon for a
number of Windows menus, and in particular for all the help /
documentation shortcuts. The reason is that we define no default icon
for .chm files.

On Windows this icon is in hh.exe but in Wine hh.exe has no icon.

So would it be ok if I send a patch that copies the winhlp32 default
icon and uses that for hh.exe and then .chm files?

Is there a way to reuse the winhlp32.exe icon without copying it to
programs/hh? Is that actually desired? (it makes programs/hh depend on
programs/winhlp32 which we may not want)

Do we instead want a different icon? On Windows the hh.exe icon is
totally different from the winhlp32.exe one but it's actually absolutely
ugly so I don't really want anything like it. Still it's possible to
come up with something.

Yet another way would be to not add an icon to hh.exe and instead point
the .chm default icon to winhlp32.exe. But presumably we'll have to add
the hh.exe icon sooner or later anyway so we might as well now.

--
Francois Gouget <fgouget at codeweavers.com>