Adding HID joystick support to FreeBSD

Bruno Jesus 00cpxxx at gmail.com
Sat Mar 21 13:06:09 CDT 2015

Hi, all.

In order to add HID joystick support to FreeBSD I need to do some
changes I never did before so I could use some help. I tried to
understand the changes made by Ken in order to add the winmm OSX
driver but I don't get it =)

In simple words I need to ensure that usbhid.h and dev/usb/usbhid.h
exist and only if they exist compile the winejoystick driver. I
believe it's a change in configure.ac but I tried adding these .h
files to the long list of other .h files and it didn't work.

Also I guess a similar change is needed like Ken did to enable the
driver building:

-test "$ac_cv_header_linux_joystick_h" = "yes" ||
enable_winejoystick_drv=${enable_winejoystick_drv:-no}

+test "$ac_cv_header_linux_joystick_h" = "yes" -o
"$ac_cv_header_IOKit_hid_IOHIDLib_h" = "yes" ||
enable_winejoystick_drv=${enable_winejoystick_drv:-no}

Can anyone help?

Best wishes and thanks in advance,
Bruno