named memory-mapped file

Andrew Eikum aeikum at codeweavers.com
Thu Mar 26 09:27:01 CDT 2015

Hey Leon, sorry I missed your earlier emails.

I'm the primary developer of the official iRacing Linux port by
CodeWeavers, and I actually play it myself. I don't have the time to
dig into this right now, but I'm definitely interested in what you
find out and could maybe help with some questions. Depending on what
you end up with, we could maybe integrate your work back into the
official port.

I think what you want to do, at a high level, is find out how Wine
implements those methods on Linux. Then figure out how a Linux-native
application could hook into that implementation. Wine is, after all,
just a program running on Linux like any other.

Alternatively, you could write a win32 application and use those Wine
APIs to access the memory and do what you want, like you said.

Andrew