[3/3] kernel32: force 4096 byte page alignment (resend)

David Naylor dbn at freebsd.org
Mon Mar 30 14:22:19 CDT 2015

On Tuesday, 24 March 2015 14:09:48 Alexandre Julliard wrote:
> David Naylor <dbn at freebsd.org> writes:
> > FreeBSD prefers to use a 0x200000 (super) page alignment however this
> > causes the image base to be displaced from the requested 0x7b800000.
> > Forcing a smaller page size ensures FreeBSD can place the image startin
> > at 0x7b800000.
> This would have to be done in winegcc, with appropriate configure
> checks. It's probably easier to change the address to leave more room.

Alexandre, this is very far out of my area of expertise.  The suggestion of
max-page-size came from Tijl (CCed).  If I understand what you are suggesting
is:
 1) Change winegcc to include the max-page-size fix for all dlls on amd64?, or
 2) Change the image base so that it works on both i386 and amd64 (with super
pages)?

If (1) then could you please point me in the right direction.  I have no idea
where to start.  If (2), I though the image base was prescribed by Microsoft
and couldn't be changed (and if it could then the other layouts also need to
be taken into account).  Either way I also have no idea where to start.  I
know enough to know I know very little.

Regards