ntdll: Block signals while executing system APCs. (v2)

Alexandre Julliard julliard at winehq.org
Wed Nov 4 07:49:48 CST 2015

Sebastian Lackner <sebastian at fds-team.de> writes:

> I personally think its nice that USR1 signals do not crash the
> application.
> Other programs also use it for reloading the configuration, for
> example.

You say that it's so hard to trigger the race that you can't do it in a
test program even trying a thousand times, but you are concerned that
users will trigger it by accident, doing something that nobody ever
does?  Come on...

> If performance is a concern, we could also inline wine_server_call
> here,
> then the number of pthread_setmask calls would stay approximately
> the same as before. Would that also be an option?

It's quite ugly. It would need a convincing case that it can't be done
any other way, and that it's affecting enough users to be worth it (with
all due respect to Anastasius, it's not worth uglifying the code just
for his specific use case).

--
Alexandre Julliard
julliard at winehq.org