gdi32: Improve detection of symbol charset for old truetype fonts.
huw at codeweavers.com
Wed Nov 18 04:42:34 CST 2015
On Wed, Nov 18, 2015 at 06:31:21PM +0800, Dmitry Timoshkov wrote:
> Huw Davies <huw at codeweavers.com> wrote:
> > Not at all. The point is that this particular one-liner is most
> > certainly not simple, for reasons that I tried to outline.
> And that's true for any other patch regardless of the area and amount of
> code. Basically any patch can have side effects, but if even in the first
> week of code-freeze any patch is considered as risky, then I don't know
> how you are going to fix the regressions or any bugs during that time.
It's a risk-benefit decision, and that decision is by its very nature
somewhat subjective. This patch potentially risks mishandling many
OS/2 version-0 fonts that have worked up until now. I'm sure you can
see that. Writing a test would of course reduce the risk, but as I
said, I know that doing so is tricky.
More information about the wine-devel