gdi32: Improve detection of symbol charset for old truetype fonts.

Dmitry Timoshkov dmitry at
Wed Nov 18 04:55:50 CST 2015

Huw Davies <huw at> wrote:

> > > Not at all.  The point is that this particular one-liner is most
> > > certainly not simple, for reasons that I tried to outline.
> > 
> > And that's true for any other patch regardless of the area and amount of
> > code. Basically any patch can have side effects, but if even in the first
> > week of code-freeze any patch is considered as risky, then I don't know
> > how you are going to fix the regressions or any bugs during that time.
> It's a risk-benefit decision, and that decision is by its very nature
> somewhat subjective.  This patch potentially risks mishandling many
> OS/2 version-0 fonts that have worked up until now.  I'm sure you can
> see that.  Writing a test would of course reduce the risk, but as I
> said, I know that doing so is tricky.

Be my guest, and try to formulate similar excuses for every other patch
you see in wine-patches during the code freeze. You are doing pretty well :)


More information about the wine-devel mailing list