Missing WM_CAPTURECHANGED message

Ken Thomases ken at codeweavers.com
Thu Nov 19 01:00:59 CST 2015

On Nov 18, 2015, at 8:59 PM, Christopher Thielen <cthielen at gmail.com> wrote:

> Thanks Ken. I do have a test in mind that I'll submit with my patch but first ... do all the tests in dlls/user32/tests/ pass normally?

Well, not for everybody. ;)  It can be sensitive to things like desktop environment, window manager, and even graphics driver.

However, it seems that the user32:win tests generally pass pretty widely on Linux: https://test.winehq.org/data/7f6634b2bd916b530e30ef8a850fefbc0dbdf687/index_Linux.html#user32:win

In your results, this:

> win.c:5852: Test failed: got wrong window text 'Default - Wine desktop'

makes me think you're running the tests in an unclean wineprefix.  In particular, it seems it's set to use virtual desktop mode.  Try setting WINEPREFIX to a fresh directory.

Regards,
Ken