A new attempt on WSACleanup

Bruno Jesus 00cpxxx at gmail.com
Tue Nov 24 19:52:44 CST 2015

On Wed, Nov 25, 2015 at 2:20 AM, Sebastian Lackner
<sebastian at fds-team.de> wrote:
> I'm not sure, but probably the following, slightly modified idea would
> be preferred. On Windows there is also a way to enumerate all handles:
> SystemHandleInformation. I have already started writing patches for this:
>
> https://github.com/wine-compholio/wine-staging/tree/master/patches/ntdll-SystemHandleInformation

Outstanding! If I can simply use this function instead of messing with
wineserver it will be very good. I tried looking for some use examples
of this functions but they seem rare.

> If tests confirm that WSACleanup really closes all sockets, including
> those created with DuplicateHandle(), then we could use this ntdll API
> to enumerate them. Even if we decide not to use the ntdll API, we could
> at least use one shared wineserver call for both.

I'll write some more winsock tests related to this.

Best regards,
Bruno