ws2_32: Update WS_get_local_ips to not return a bogus IP address.

Jamie Taylor Jamie.Taylor at pobox.com
Wed Nov 25 15:17:23 CST 2015

On Wed, Nov 25, 2015 at 04:45:28PM +0800, Bruno Jesus wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 25, 2015 at 3:57 PM, Bruno Jesus <00cpxxx at gmail.com> wrote:
> > On Wed, Nov 25, 2015 at 6:55 AM, Joachim Priesner <joachim.priesner at web.de> wrote:
> >> It seems that this is the case -- gethostbyname(gethostname()) returned 127.0.0.1 as the only address in a VMware VM with network adapters removed.
> I just confirmed this by disabling all network interfaces in XP, so it
> is something that we could implement too.

Interesting.  Does GetAdaptersInfo return a non-null PIP_ADAPTER_INFO when
there are no adapters on the (virtual) machine?  How about GetIpAddrTable?

Does the list of addresses returned by gethostbyname(gethostname()) include
the loopback address when there _are_ other adapters configured with IPv4
addresses?  (And if there are multiple loopback adapters installed/configured
then are all of their addresses included?)