Revert "opengl32: Return a NULL pointer for functions requiring unsupported or disabled extensions.".

Dmitry Timoshkov dmitry at baikal.ru
Thu Nov 26 03:35:04 CST 2015

Austin English <austinenglish at gmail.com> wrote:

> > > And for the record, I'm not convinced we do. I think it's more
> > > productive to make sure things work with the free drivers than going
> > > out of our way to support proprietary drivers.
> >
> > Then you're probably working for the wrong project (and even company).
> Most
> > of the targeted by Wine Windows applications are not free and not open
> source.
> >
> > --
> > Dmitry.
>
> Can we avoid personal attacks please?

Is calling a thing ridiculous called a "personal attack" these days? When
one of core d3d developers (who happens to work for CodeWeavers) starts to
advertise free drivers in preference to proprietary ones, while main target
and revenue source for CodeWeavers currently are MacOSX users, this at least
sounds weird and strange, especially taking into account amount of Mac/Apple
specific quirks in the wined3d code (including supported extenstions tweaks).
Or probably 'make test' in Wine no longer crashes and has no failures with
nouveau drivers? Or probably now it's nouveau who privdes bleeding edge
hardware and drivers for linux? Not even mentioning that Henri decided to
completely ignore questions in the patch.

Am I missing something?

--
Dmitry.