Revert "opengl32: Return a NULL pointer for functions requiring unsupported or disabled extensions.".

Sebastian Lackner sebastian at fds-team.de
Thu Nov 26 05:45:01 CST 2015

On 26.11.2015 08:14, Henri Verbeet wrote:
> On 26 November 2015 at 08:08, Henri Verbeet <hverbeet at gmail.com> wrote:
>> This is wrong. I we really want to add hacks for specific combinations
>> of broken drivers and applications,
> And for the record, I'm not convinced we do. I think it's more
> productive to make sure things work with the free drivers than going
> out of our way to support proprietary drivers.

I don't think Wine can really ignore compatibility with proprietary drivers,
which in fact are preferred by a lot of people on Linux. Of course there
might also be other solutions, but its not clear to me why you call this
solution "wrong", when it works exactly the same way on Windows. You'll
find plenty of examples where the Windows driver returns a non-NULL pointer,
although the corresponding extension is not listed / supported. Its clearly
way more effort to fix all this manually with compatibility code, and I do
not see any real benefit. Can you explain why you think its better to keep
this code, despite the fact that it causes regressions and has no real
advantage? Or is there any (a specific app or game for which it was added)?

Best regards,
Sebastian