What is the meaning of the 200 __clone lines in backtraces?

Qian Hong fracting at gmail.com
Thu Nov 26 15:40:48 CST 2015

Hi Bruno,

On Fri, Nov 27, 2015 at 12:36 AM, Bruno Jesus <00cpxxx at gmail.com> wrote:

> Up to 200. Is this a bug or it is just not possible to identify when
> the backtrace ends and 200 is a hard limit or what else could it be?

'Up to 200' is limited by WineDbg

stack.c:
185  * Do a backtrace on the current thread
186  */
187 unsigned stack_fetch_frames(const CONTEXT* _ctx)

239         if (nf > 200 || !ret) break;

There is also:
dbg.tab.c:/* YYINITDEPTH -- initial size of the parser's stacks.  */
dbg.tab.c:#ifndef YYINITDEPTH
dbg.tab.c:# define YYINITDEPTH 200

However, I'm also curious by repeat of '__clone', I don't understand
this part, hopefully someone else can explain it ;-)

--
Regards,
Qian Hong

-