contribute to wine

Maik Wagner maiktapwagner at aol.com
Sun Nov 29 02:25:34 CST 2015

Hello Abhijeet,

On 11/29/2015 07:35 AM, Abhijeet Panda wrote:
>   I am a big fan of this program and I want to contribute a lot
> to this. I have been through the getting started page. Is there anyone
> who could tell me the projects which are open and I could contribute
> to.
> thank you

I am definetely not a software developer and don't know that many
programming languages but I am also a big fan of wine.

I mainly write AppDB reports and send in bug reports when I encounter
them, do tests etc. What I would suggest is following the bug reports on
http://bugs.winehq.org and test the applications in question, maybe do
regression tests, test staged patches etc. I am also in the middle of
translating CrossOver into German. It's now at 93% currently.

I think reading about the bugs and subscribing to bug reports would be a
good starting point.

Currently wine is in release candidate status and no more features are
currently being added but development will definetely go on.

Regards,

Maik Wagner
www.linuxandlanguages.com