README: add a note about 64-bit Wine needing 32-bit Wine to work

Michael Stefaniuc mstefani at redhat.com
Mon Nov 30 08:37:36 CST 2015

On 11/30/2015 03:20 PM, Rosanne DiMesio wrote:
> On Mon, 30 Nov 2015 13:40:51 +0800
> Dmitry Timoshkov <dmitry at baikal.ru> wrote:
>

>> I'd argue that users should be strongly advised to use pre-built wine packages
>> because building a package requires a lot of intimate knowledge.
>
> --CentOS/RHEL/Scientific Linux packages are pure 64 bit. Users have been begging for months for proper packages. Red Hat has refused to provide them and now so have we.
That's not "Red Hat". The Fedora and CentOS/EPEL Wine maintainers are
not employed by Red Hat but are part of the community.

The issue with EPEL is that RHEL7 dropped 32bit support. And CentOS7
took a long time to do a 32bit version. That's now out for 1 months or
so and there the issue can be fixed properly now.

> --FreeBSD packages both 32 and 64 bit Wine, but doesn't support WoW64. https://forum.winehq.org/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=25600

bye
	michael