(OT) code siging on Mac OSX Re: Wine devel packages ready for testing

Hin-Tak Leung htl10 at users.sourceforge.net
Mon Nov 30 14:22:18 CST 2015

(going off topic)

On Mon, 30/11/15, Michael Müller <michael at fds-team.de> wrote:

 It is indeed difficult to sign executables
 without using any proprietary
 tools by
 Apple, but it seems like I found one which works.
 "codesign -vd
 wine" seems to like
 my signature, except that the tool slightly messed
 up the timestamp of the signature which now
 lies before the creation
 date of my self
 signed certificate. ...

 Can you tell me more about the open tool used for signing Mac OS X executables?

I have been working on font signing in the recently open-sourced microsoft font validator
(there is an official windows-only tool for signing fonts, but
apparently an open-toolchain based tool also exist in somebody's hard disk)

That although is part of an ISO standard for fonts, borrows heavily from microsoft's
authenticode excutable signing infrastructure. For those who want to know.

Hin-Tak