Signed-off-by support

Alexandre Julliard julliard at winehq.org
Wed Oct 7 03:41:50 CDT 2015

Folks,

As a first step of the implementation of the WineConf decisions, the
patch tracker now supports Signed-off-by. You can see the list of people
who have signed off on a patch by hovering over the signed-off checkmark
in the tracker.

In general, people who are listed in the MAINTAINERS file should sign
off on other people's patches that touch their area. I'll be working
next on implementing a more formal mechanism for assigning reviewing
responsibility.

To add your sign-off to a patch that you have approved, you need to send
a reply to wine-patches with your Signed-off-by header. If you find this
inconvenient, I'm open to adding other mechanisms; suggestions are
welcome.

Finally, starting next week I'm going to require patch authors to
include a proper Signed-off-by header on all patches.

--
Alexandre Julliard
julliard at winehq.org