WineConf 2015 decisions

Scott Ritchie scottritchie at ubuntu.com
Sat Oct 10 17:57:38 CDT 2015

On Fri, Sep 25, 2015 at 2:16 AM, Alexandre Julliard <julliard at winehq.org>
wrote:

> - We will start building and distributing binary packages for all
>   distros that don't have readily available packages. The packaging
>   scripts and control files will be maintained in git, so that people
>   can review them and submit improvements.

This is encouraging and I'd really like to talk a bit further about this.
I've been shirking my packaging duties for a while and complaint mails are
piling up.

For Ubuntu I think maintaining the PPA is the correct way forward and at
this point it should be relatively easy to set up automated builds of both
wine and wine-staging that produce a new packages whenever there is an
upstream release tag.

If anyone wants to talk about consolidating this more please message me
directly.